Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 3 in Bombay

Yesterday was THE most tiring day during the entire process of making this record. Shantanu had suggested the day before that we should re-do the vocals for one song "hold me" ... So I reached the studio by 11, did the vocals in less than an hour ( Cheers to Eric Arcenaux's vocal warm up excercises ). Andrew had to come in to track piano for one more song, which he did and played to perfection. After that it was ALL me .... I technically tracked 14 songs, 1 vocal, 4 piano and 9 acoustic guitar. By the end of it , I was soooooo tired, it was unbelievable. Josh had reached the studio by 8 or so, was chilling. We gor done by 12 mid night. We were all very hungry so we found a place an had a less than decent burger an then sid and Josh headed to the hotel I booked or them and I headed to my aunt's place.

Next morning , I get woken up by both of them . They told me that Josh had a bad panic attack and couldn't breathe. Very scary .... He didn't seem to get better. So I brought him to the hospital. We won't be able to track drums today as he is not well at all. Since the album has 2 songs without drums, we'll go ahead and start mixing them and Josh can track the drums tomorrow when he's better ..... I'm at the hospital right now , waiting for him to come out. Hope he feels better.

Cheers

Rohan

No comments: